Waiting for DOS copy of fav of recommendation and USCIS receipt for H-1B application

WaiveMe

Hi guys,

DOS made a NOS favorable recommendation (online status) on Aug 9th and stated that they sent the recommendation to USCIS on the Aug 10th, but so far I have not received any copy of the letter by mail or email, and have not heard of anything from USCIS...not even a receipt. It's been almost three weeks now and I really need any of those letters to be able to submit my H-1B application (non-cap). So frustrating. 

I've emailed DOS to get an electronic copy of the letter but we all know that it will take them a long time to answer. Any chance anyone has any suggestion on what I can do at this point? Many thanks!

@ghytr No, I did not receive anything at all from anyone! Not the DOS, not USCIS (not even the receipt). Really stressing me out. Did you guys get the receipt from USCIS via e-mail or physical letter?

I've emailed DOS last week, but as usual, have not heard anything back.

Many thanks!

@ghytr

I have FINALLY received the USCIS receipt letter today, nearly a month since DOS made the favorable recommendation. No sign of letter from DOS (not that I need it now!). Things have actually moved VERY slowly for me. I think I only managed to get DOS to come up with the recommendation after getting help from someone who works at DOS and also from a local Senator's office!

My timeline in terms of DOS processing is as follows. As you can see it took a long while for them to come up with the decision after getting my NOS. I actually got my NOS within ONE day after submitting all the necessary requirements to my embassy (yay to my government!). 

My Masters was 85% funded by the US government, so I had to build a strong case to the agency that sponsored me on why I need the waiver. I guess it's helpful that I'm going to be working for a non-profit. 

I know how frustrating this process is! All the best and it'll be over soon!

Recommendation Sent August 10, 2015 Sponsor Views Received August 06, 2015 Employment Information Received August 04, 2015 No Objection Statement Received May 19, 2015 Fee Received May 11, 2015 Form DS-3035 Received May 11, 2015 Form DS-2019 Received May 11, 2015 Passport Data Page Received May 11, 2015 Statement Of Reason Received May 11, 2015
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived