Option after getting 221G white slip

Deep Singh

Hi experts,

Thanks for helping me out with my previous queries. As suggested by experts here, I preferred going for H1B stamping over F1 visa. I went for H1b visa stamping in delhi last week and I got 221g white slip and VO said they need to do additional admin processing and that I can check case status online. Meanwhile, I have got admission letter from two universities in US where I applied for MS. My bachelor degree is from US only. Their classes start in first week of september. I want to apply for F1 visa but since I do not have my passport with me, I cannot schedule an interview at this time. After reading through various cases of 221g in this forum, I am also worried about 221g as the client may go ahead with some other candidate by the time 221g is resolved. Even, the client may say they do not have any job offer for me in case USCIS contacts him after 2-3 weeks or so as part of admin processing. And in the worst case, USCIS may deny me stamping stating misinterpretation or providing false information and that I can face ban of up to lifetime. I never did any wrong in US as I studied and worked there for 6 years and that I always respected their laws and was never out of status there. Kindly, guide me through the best possible solution given my case.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Deep Singh 

Archived