H1b Petition Denied based on Indian Engg Degree + 7 years of experience

Hi,

In June 2015 I filed a COS from H4 to H1b in the US.

Petition denied stating: Qualifications + experience insufficient to conclude as baccalaureate degree or its equivalent.

I have a Bachelors of Technology in Chemical Engg ( it has four semesters worth of C, C++,DataStruc and Simulation coding) plus 7 years of Software development experience .

I have a previously approved B1/B2  and an approved H1b petition ( which I was forced to withdraw during Visa Interview during Nov 2014 at Hyderabad consulate).

Do I actually have an equivalent of baccalaureate degree based on my qualification and experience?Should I file MTA? Any other suggestions?

My current H1b cap exempt petition is being filed by Petitioner A for Client B.

I have prior experience working with Organization X for the same Client B.

Can this be useful in anyway?

Thank You !

• 2 years later...

You need to have 12 years of progressive experience in IT to qualify. The experience needs to have held by operating in positions of increasing responsibility i.e with promotions and increased job scope.

This can be then documented with reference letters from previous managers on company letterhead, based on which you can get two expert opinion letters. 

The above will stand some chance of approval by USCIS. 

You can also do an Experience and Education Evaluation to take into account the credits you have in courses towards computer science, and then add on 3=1 formula of progressive experience to see if it is feasible to equate to a Bachelors degree. 

• 2 years later...

Archived