Travel duration on AP - Greencard for Parents

Hi *****,

My parents just received their Potential interview waiver letter for their GC, however the wait to get the cards will take up to 6 months or more with or without an interview.
They have EAD/AP combo card with which they can travel to India but we are just hoping they might get their cards sooner that that. If they have to go back to India for a 
period of 3-4 months (Grandmother health issues), will it be ok to travel on their AP. Their AP is valid until July 2016. If they have to travel, do they have to go before the I-94 expires which is 8/3/2015? Or is their I-94 not applicable now since they are on AOS pending (applied concurrent I-485 and I-130 together). What are the consequences that we should be aware of?

- If they receive their greencard while they are in India, do they face any problem while reenter US at immigration ?
- On AP, how long they can stay in India ? they would like to stay for 4 months.
- If they do not receive GC by the time they return, any issues at the immigration ?

Thanks for your time.
Hi *****,

My parents just received their Potential interview waiver letter for their GC, however the wait to get the cards will take up to 6 months or more with or without an interview.
They have EAD/AP combo card with which they can travel to India but we are just hoping they might get their cards sooner that that. If they have to go back to India for a 
period of 3-4 months (Grandmother health issues), will it be ok to travel on their AP. Their AP is valid until July 2016. If they have to travel, do they have to go before the I-94 expires which is 8/3/2015? Or is their I-94 not applicable now since they are on AOS pending (applied concurrent I-485 and I-130 together). What are the consequences that we should be aware of?

- If they receive their greencard while they are in India, do they face any problem while reenter US at immigration ?
- On AP, how long they can stay in India ? they would like to stay for 4 months.
- If they do not receive GC by the time they return, any issues at the immigration ?

Thanks for your time.
Hi *****,

Thanks for your time.

Hi *****,

Thanks for your t

Hi, I have a similar question related to travel on Advance parole. My parents have an emergency to visit India to take care of something and they recently received a potential interview waiver letter where it said it may take another 6 more months for getting their green cards (family based GC applied concurrent filing). My question is if their GC is approved while they are abroad on their AP, will it be an issue when returning? I have read somewhere your EAD/AP is invalid when the GC is approved. Is it true? Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Archived