arvind.ranjan1988

I got live scan report from DOJ. RAP sheet shows as below :
CNT : 001 #99999999
273D(A) PC-INFLICT INJURY/ETC UPON CHILD TOC : F
DISPO : RELEASED / DETENTION ONLY
ARR BY : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
* * * * * * END OF MESSAGE * * * * * * *
Does detention/arrest causes problem in green card processing or H1 stamping in consulate.
If its a problem then can it be resolved or I'll never get green card or never be able to re-enter US.

Could you please let us know how and where did you get the information? I wanted to get an idea how do we get this information based on the case number.

And to get more information, did you get arrested or got only citation? And was it a misdemeanor or felony. If you could provide more information I can give some details. I had some situation long time back and I can provide some of my experience based on the information.

Century : If the case is misdemeanor type there should not be any issues in applying H1, starting GC processing. As long as you are inside US there is no issues. But be prepared to face some delays when you go out side of country. There will be definitely delays expected in H1 stamping as well as when re-entering the US. Also might face similar challenge in the final state of your GC processing. But nothing to worry about it. There will be delays but nothing major will happen. Always carry the final court disposition letter (get a certified copy from the court if you dont have it with you) and if they ask anything about the case tell the truth and say it was a mistake.

But I would suggest get your case analysed with an immigration attorney (it might cost you anywhere from 150$ to 250$ for consultation), if you are planning to go outside US. But it is totally worth it as situation and severity of the case differ from case to case.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you need any more specific info.

• 2 weeks later...

Century : Sorry I did not see this post earlier. My case is different and was related to traffic accident related. So I guess I might not be able to give any comment on your situation. Just tell your criminal lawyer that he should do his best keeping your immigration point forward. This is very important and I am sure they will do their best to help you.

Good luck my friend.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived