H4 visa got 221g green slip

Samir

Hello,

My Spouse and I appeared for visa interview H4 and H1B respectively. My H1B visa got approved but my wife got 221g and asked to submit following document.

1 Invitation letter 
2. Resume 
3. Publications
4. Research Paper
5. Position - Current job title and description of work
4. Purpose 
5. Itinerary 
6. funding 
7. Traveler 
8. Travel 

We are not sure why they have requested these papers. I am concerned whether they need a invitation letter from me or from my company. She has not done any research so what we need to say to answer to that query. She is not going to work in USA as her Visa is H4 so how can I produce Invitation letter,funding etc.She will stay there as homemaker. Please help. 

I did get same for both me and dependents on 14th July 2015. Does anyone know how quickly they respond to these kind of queries once reply is submitted? I know they say 60 calendar days but generally per experience? I think it's straight forward case of asking additional documents...

What is the background of your spouse? If she had graduated then what is her major? If you do not have the documents requested you can send a response along with other documents to US consulate.

Msc. Microbiology. I dont have any documents except resume as she is looking for H4 visa and not going to work in USA

Have you both appeared for Visa in different dates?

Does your spouse has not carried all the documents which are mentioned by you?

We appeared on same date. VO did not ask for any documents. We were carring her graducation ceretificates and marriage certificate. 

Msc. Microbiology. I dont have any documents except resume as she is looking for H4 visa and not going to work in USA

Well, that is the reason for 221g. It is in Technology Alert List (TAL). Provide as much documents as requested by US consulate. For documents that are not relevant to her explain that in a cover letter. Normally this should take 30 days to get cleared. 

I did get same for both me and dependents on 14th July 2015. Does anyone know how quickly they respond to these kind of queries once reply is submitted? I know they say 60 calendar days but generally per experience? I think it's straight forward case of asking additional documents...

Hi priteshkumar, can you please share what all documents you submitted in respond to 221g for depedent?  

Archived