434 replies to this topic

#321 green_slip_mumbai

green_slip_mumbai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

@stuck22Nov

Are you on the discussion group on chehra kitaab (translate into english)?

A bit worried about your wait being so long. Would like to get in touch with you if possible.

It should come next week. They are clearing pending cases with a vengeance. Hang in there.

#322 green8mumbai

green8mumbai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:45 AM

Me and my Husband has interview on 16 Dec.
Got Green Sleep.
Sent asked Docs - 22nd Dec
Additional docs asked - 22 Dec
Additional docs sent - 26 Dec
After that no update,Still Waiting!
I am in Bio Research area....
Is there any body in same boat???

#323 stuck22Nov

stuck22Nov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:43 PM

@green Slip

Thanks, I am hoping I will receive my email in this week.It has been a long wait.

@Kwani

Please reply if you have any update.

@SK-USA

We should get our emails this week.

#324 KenPin

KenPin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

Got the passport with stamp by courier on Saturday, 29 Jan. I had submitted it to the vfs office on Tuesday, 25 Jan.
Hang in there people, it is just around the corner for you all,
All the best...

#325 koolsouls_007

koolsouls_007

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

anybody recieve passport today ?

#326 Kishore44

Kishore44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

221 G status
Hi,

I got 221 G and submitted document along with passport on Jan 19th 2011.Today i got message from
consulate "Processed visa application has been couriered to you" .

This means i got visa?

#327 GreenOn11Jan

GreenOn11Jan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

I received green letter on 11 Jan. Submitted documents on 12 Jan.

I have a question. Have you guys received any confirmation email confirming the receipt of documents or just following auto response that I received? I just want to double check.

----------------------------------
This is an automated response
Thank you for contacting the Nonimmigrant Visa Unit of the American Consulate General, Mumbai.
This mailbox is reserved for communication pertaining to nonimmigrant visa applications who have received a green pending letter.
Any inquiries will not be answered. Please contact
infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com <mailto:infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com%20>
for questions and inquiries. Applicants should only inquire about their status of the case only after sixty (60) days following submission of their documents.

Thank you,
The Mumbai Tech Team
-------------------------

Pls reply,
Thanks

#328 Greenon9thDEC

Greenon9thDEC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:54 AM

Yhhessssssss!!!!!!!Finally got the most legendary email from the consulate everybody has been waiting for......sigh!!!!!!!!!

Details,
VI -------> 9th Dec
Docs Submission -------> 11th Dec
email received --------> 31th Dec

Will be leaving for Mumbai to submit the passport tomorrow early morning.

Thank god.......Such a relief.....

Everyone who had their interview in December, should be getting there emails this week hopefully!!!

Good luck to ya'll!!!

#329 v_sprint

v_sprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:12 AM

Received email from Mumbai NIV Finally.

Long wait comes to an end. Will submit passport tomorrow

#330 Greenon9thDEC

Greenon9thDEC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:41 AM

Sorry!!!The email was received on 31st January.....
I put 31st Dec in the previous post!!!

#331 shroffiegirl

shroffiegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:24 AM

Hi everyone,

I got a "green slip" at my H-1B stamping at the Mumbai Consulate on Dec 13. I would like to share my experience with you. Hope this helps -

Time line -

Dec 06, 2010 - Flew in
Dec 13, 2010 - Interview for first time H-1B stamping (new case) at Mumbai. Was handed the "green slip" and asked to submit documents SAVE THE COURIER ENVELOPE!!!!
Dec 21, 2010 - Submitted documents - was asked to modify them
Dec 22, 2010 - Resubmitted documents. Automated reply saying current times were 10-12 weeks. Inquire only after 60 days of submission via email to mumbainiv@state.gov

Jan 12, 2011 - called DOS, WashingtonDC at 202-663-1225 - was told it was "under administrative processing"
Jan 13, 2011 - emailed mumbaiNIV@state.gov inquiring my case status. got automated reply saying there will be no reply from this email address. email infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com
- also emailed mumbaitech@state.gov informing them that their contact address for inquiry did not work. automated reply that no inquiries will be entertained
- emailed infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com

Jan 20, 2011 - Rec'd an email reply (after 7 days) from infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com that my case was in"administrative processing" and that I will be contacted when its ready

Jan 25, 2011 - Rec'd an email from mumbaiNIV@state.gov to submit my passport, green slip and courier envelope AT 12:17PM
- Submitted it by 2:30pm. met another guy there who had a green slip on Dec 13
Jan 27, 2011 - Passport is stamped (for 2 years). this is 6 months less than the validity of my I-797
Jan 28, 2011 - Passport delivered by bluedart.

Hope this helps...

#332 sk-usa

sk-usa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:19 AM

OK I think its time for me to be off that chart....lol. I really appreciate the chart and updating the dates and # of days on it. GREAT JOB !

OK here's my details :
Interview - 12th Nov
They asked me to submit the most recent employment letter/contract. Make sure you have it and not the old one when you joined the firm

Docs submitted -20th Nov (Saturday so count it as 22nd Nov ie when I got their confirmation email)

Checked by email and calling DOS but no use. Not really sure if that helps but I did it anyways.

Jan-31st Finally got that email at 2.30 pm. Going to submit passport tomorrow morning.

It was for H1-b and I work for a research institute in Nanotechnology area. I have Ph.D in Chemistry.

I will keep you guys posted as to when I get back my passport with Visa stamped in it.

Phew !
SK-USA

#333 manjunath_26

manjunath_26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

@v_sprint or Someone

Can you please tell me what additional documents you had to send to the consulate after you got the yellow slip(I am also Full Time Employed going for my 2nd stamping).

Thanks

#334 akd_80

akd_80

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hi Guys,

I have the same 221(g) green form...Was asked to submit passport on 9th Nov and havent heard back since then. All enquiries say its under admin processing. Also i have seen cases where passports have been returned without visa stamped and a denial letter.... this is for Delhi though ... just got curious and wanted to see whats happening in Mumbai ... Dont want to dishearten anyone...but as far as Delhi emmbassy goes....mail for submission of passport does not necessarily mean visa approval ... although the embassy should not ask for it unless they want to approve our visas .... no one knows their way of working and if at all they follow a standard procedure ...

all the guys who got eamils to submit their passports recently ... have you got your visas or any communication thereafter?

Best of Luck to All

#335 green mumbai 13dec

green mumbai 13dec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

Finally got the email. Hopefully long wait is over.

VI 13th Dec. 2010 221g green slip
Docs submitted 14th Dec. 2010
Email received 31st Jan. 2011
Passport submitted 1st Feb. 2011
Called tomorrow between 5 to 5.30 to pick up passport. Hopefully passport should have VISA and should be ready by tomorrow

#336 stuck22Nov

stuck22Nov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

congratulations!!

This gives me hope and think I am top of the list in remaining participants....pray for me guys I hope I get cleared this week......

#337 haripatee

haripatee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

Finally got the email!!

Visa Intv 14th Dec. 2010 221g green slip
Docs submitted 15th Dec. 2010
Email received 31st Jan. 2011
Passport submitted 1st Feb. 2011

Best wishes to everyone.

#338 16dec_green

16dec_green

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:44 AM

I submitted my passport on 28th Jan (Friday), and VFS is still not showing any status change on their website.

Anyone who submitted around that time got their passport back? Or did anyone try smsing 57333?

Thanks

#339 Jan6_greenslip

Jan6_greenslip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:49 AM

My CEAC barcode appeared on the updated Feb 2011 pdf on Mumbai consulate site
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html

Haven't received any email though. Will try to submit my passport tomorrow.

Here are my details -
Consulate: Mumbai
Visa type: H1-B (first time); previously on F-1
Interview date: January 6th
Form Received : green slip
Documents submitted: January 7th
Status - Administrative Processing

#340 greenon13dec

greenon13dec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:41 AM

@akd_80:

Green slip for Mumbai means TAL processing (i.e. study or work usually involving research in a sensitive technology area). This may not be the case in Delhi.

Originally posted by akd_80:
Hi Guys,

I have the same 221(g) green form...Was asked to submit passport on 9th Nov and havent heard back since then. All enquiries say its under admin processing. Also i have seen cases where passports have been returned without visa stamped and a denial letter.... this is for Delhi though ... just got curious and wanted to see whats happening in Mumbai ... Dont want to dishearten anyone...but as far as Delhi emmbassy goes....mail for submission of passport does not necessarily mean visa approval ... although the embassy should not ask for it unless they want to approve our visas .... no one knows their way of working and if at all they follow a standard procedure ...

all the guys who got eamils to submit their passports recently ... have you got your visas or any communication thereafter?

Best of Luck to All

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users