Follow up process - After the technical glitch

JasK

Hi guys, I had my visa approved at Vancouver but got my passport and came back to the U.S. Before the stamping as I could not wait any longer. I was told to come back and give my passport and approval notice for stamping once the issues are resolved. I hear from others in the same boat that they were asked to just mail in their passport and documents. Has anyone pursued either directions? If yes , please share your experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I had my visa approved at Vancouver but got my passport and came back to the U.S. Before the stamping as I could not wait any longer. I was told to come back and give my passport and approval notice for stamping once the issues are resolved. I hear from others in the same boat that they were asked to just mail in their passport and documents. Has anyone pursued either directions? If yes , please share your experience.

I wasn't comfortable with mailing my passport in. I'm back here in Vancouver today to drop off my passport today (11:30-12 in person). I was told it was 2 days processing so I'm hoping to get back by Thursday. Will update once I go through this.

I wasn't comfortable with mailing my passport in. I'm back here in Vancouver today to drop off my passport today (11:30-12 in person). I was told it was 2 days processing so I'm hoping to get back by Thursday. Will update once I go through this.

I submitted my passport on Monday (you can do it in person between 11:30-12:30) and got it back on Wednesday evening directly from the consulate (which saved some time for me).

Archived