H1 Stamping.

newhorizons

Hello,

I am in a unique situation and would like immediate advise.

I was in the USA on H4 visa. When I got my H1 approval, my employer filed for change of status. We got a RFE on this. In the mean time, due to emergency, I had to travel to India. 

I have attended the interview and got the approval. I have received my passport with stamping. I am planning to travel back to the USA next week.

We have received an email saying that H4-H1 transfer is denied. Does this have any implication on my current stamping and travel?

Please respond at the earliest possible.

Regards,

NH.

newhorizons:

Do you have an H4 or an H1B visa stamp? - it's not clear from your question...

I suspect that the change of status application was denied because you traveled while it was pending, which is legally correct..

As long as you have the correct visa in your passport (i.e don't enter on an H4 with the expectation that you can immediately start working) you should be fine. 

Thank you for the responses.

While COS is pending, I have traveled to India. For the last one year I had H4 stamping. My H1 interview at Chennai Consulate was approved on June 11th. I intend to travel back to the USA on 5th July.

So from the above responses I believe that I am good to travel.

Regards,

NH.

While COS is pending, I have traveled to India. For the last one year I had H4 stamping. My H1 interview at Chennai Consulate was approved on June 11th. I intend to travel back to the USA on 5th July.

Regards,

NH.

You can travel with a valid H4 visa and a copy of your spouse's I797 now. To travel on H1B you can enter not more than 10 days before H1B start date with a valid H1B visa and I797.

Regards,

NH.

I don't think you can enter on H1 on July 5th. You cannot enter on H1 30days before your 797 start date.

Archived