Urgent clarification needed in stamping

indpraveen.ji

Hi Experts,

I have a doubt regarding my stamping, I came to US in company A's visa and after working with them for 3 months I started H1 Transfer to company B. After kick starting the process I went to India and meanwhile my transfer petition got approved and I came back without going for stamping in India, now working for company B. But still my passport has company A's name in visa.

Now I have to bring my family in H4 by September, they are going for H4 stamping by August and I need to go back to India to bring them. My doubts are

1. If I go back to India, is it mandatory that I need to go for stamping to reflect my new company's name in visa as I did H1 transfer?

2. If it is not mandatory, then will there be any problem for me when I get inside US with still old Company A's name in the visa ?

3. Will there be any problem if my dependents visa has my company B's name and my visa has still old company A's name ?

Your advice is appreciated.

1. If I go back to India, is it mandatory that I need to go for stamping to reflect my new company's name in visa as I did H1 transfer?- It's not mandatory to get amendment on actual visa stamp, you will have to travel with Company B's I-797 petition

2. If it is not mandatory, then will there be any problem for me when I get inside US with still old Company A's name in the visa ?   NO

3. Will there be any problem if my dependents visa has my company B's name and my visa has still old company A's name ? No Problems

Thanks jairichi and tonyS

One the same note one last question, while I am in India if my employee A has withdrawn my petition will that be a problem when I come back with company A's name in the visa ?

No issue at all. As long as new employer's I797 is valid everything is fine.

Archived