Fellowship with EB2-NIW

Mohalmo

I have an approved I-140(PERM) through my current employer with priority date of Nov 2010-Country of Birth India.

I am interested in doing fellowship starting July 2016. I have applied for physician NIW under EB2 and hopefully will get it approved. I have applied for this in order to have more flexibility with my career in order to do fellowship as planned. I have few questions or concerns about this. 

1) Will fellowship program sponsor H1 for training based on approved I-140? I am currently on my 8th year of H1 based on approved I-140.

2) If my Priority date becomes current while I am still in fellowship program and I am ready to apply for AOS will there be any potential issue at that time given the fact that my current employer then would be fellowship program and not my first employer who did the original PERM. 

3) Having an approved EB2-NIW at that time, will it make my application for AOS completely independent of current employer?  I would have completed the 5 year requirement for work in HPSA by that time in order to do AOS.  

Bottom line I want to do fellowship badly(now or none) but at the same time not jeopardize my GC processing. Any advise/input on potential problems encountered by forum members in similar  situation would be greatly appreciated.     

Sincerely

Archived