Recent Waiver Timeline

NIHGUY

Hello all,

I was wondering if you  can share  timeline of steps one has to go through during waiver application. Would really appreciate if people who have received waiver or going through it rite now can respond to this post. And of course any helpful advice or insights are welcome as always, as this is very informative source for many of us here..

I applied for waiver late December, and finally this month they have updated it to "favorable recommendation" status. You can imagine the strenuous and frustrating process for past 6 months. Which is still not over by the way. 

I am waiting for a letter in mail from DOS and notice and final approval from USCIS.

Any idea when should I be getting those things?\

Thanks a lot all helpful people on this forum..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My timeline:

April 30th all documents received

May1st  No objection statement received

PENDING.....

NIHGUY, can you please share your timeline as well, including the date they requested and received sponsor views and how long have you been waiting to get your fav rec letter since it was updated online.

Waiver Application/Documents sent by mail- 12/28/14

Documents received by USCIS- 01/15/15

No objection statement received from embassy- 02/10/15

Request for sponsor views- 03/25/15

Sponsor views received- 05/19/15

Favorable recommendation issued- 06/02/15

Recommendation Letter by DOS received in my self stamped envelope- 06/18/16

Still waiting for USCIS 797 (receipt notice) and final approval. 

Do you have any idea if I can apply for 485 adjustment of status or H1b based on DOS recommendation letter?

hope this helps...

HELP HELP HELP

I need to find out what is going on...

I filled J1 waiver application on November 26th 2014 but I realized that my visa will expire on 31st of January. I waited to get new DS-2019 and sent my application package with the new DS-2019 on 19th Feb . The DOS, St Louise deducted fees on 4th March. The Indian embassy sent them NOC in Feb. I didn’t see any update on my case until May so I contacted the US department of State, Waiver Review Division, Washington, DC. They said they haven’t received my application from the DOS, St Louis, MO. I sent 2 letters to the DOS, St. Louis but they didn’t reply. My J1 visa ends on 29th August.

Anybody had the same experience???

Same boat as you moormoor...

I received an job offer and they are processing H-1B visa. I am not sure how, I believe it's gonna be based on Favorable recommendation from DoS, since my petition is still under USCIS. I do not know why USCIS is taking so long these days. My case was received on April 22. 

How about you?

KASS_1783, I am still waiting for my DOS Fav Rec, my file has been pending since May 1st. When did your employer file your H1B? Why do you need USCIS Rec if your employer is processing an H1B Premium for you? I was told that USCIS will process the waiver and H1B concurrently if its under Premium processing and everything will be in within 15 biz days. I hope I am not wrong!  

I sent an adjustment of status (marriage) with the notice of receipt from USCIS that they received the Favorable Recommendation from DoS. The lawyer said that since all the petitions are with USCIS, they can link all the files together and evaluate everything at once. I don't know how that works with H-1B visas, but maybe it's the same?

moormoor

I am not sure how these staffs work. I know that they can process H-1B visa based on my DoS Fav. recommendation, but I don't understand it at all. Today I received many docs. from my employer to fill out, and has been required the I-797C or I-612. 

I will let you know my progress, here is my timeline so far!

Fev 1, 2015: all docs sent to DoS 

Fev 9, 2015: docs received by DoS

Fev 25, 20115: NOS from Brazil received by Dos

April 9, 2015: DoS updated my status to Fav Rec.

April 17, 2015: Fav. Rac. sent to USCIS

April 22, 2015: USCIS received my case

April 29, 2015: Fav Rec received by mail at my home

April 30, 2015: I-797C received by mail at home

Best

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it taking so long ? I just called the call center, and they have no clue about any case at all. This is my fourth time calling them and they always tell information I already know. Any ideas to find out information or info from your attorneys, friends or other forums ?

The technical glitch is fixed, long holiday weekend done, they must start processing J1 waivers now !

BTW, has anyone ever heard of a J1 waiver case that took over 5 months to get proccessed by DOS after all application materal has been received? I hope they dont do those bizzzar background checks that is done for visas and sometimes take upto a year to complete!!!!!

Hi Moormoor,

I am in same boat as you. DOS received my application on April 30th and NOS on May15th. I need to start my job by Sep 3rd! I hope they don't do that background check which they do for visa. Have you thought of writing to the senator or submitting a letter from the future employer stating they need you by a certain date?

My senator works like a snail! I submitted my offer letter and request to her three weeks ago and she just got to my file yesterday. She said she will forward it to DOS but from what I have heard it might take DOS over 40days to respond to senator requests and they most probably wont do anything at the end. So I guess there is a backlog everywhere! I have to start my job on Sep 1st and start teaching. I just hope we get our waiver SOME DAY!

Hi all,

For me, it has more than 6 week now that they received my application package for DS 3035, but still there are no updates online about my documents received by their office. if I check online status with my case number the webpage still says  Currently, there is no information regarding the status of your case.

I wrote an email to ask about my application 7 days before, but there is no reply yet. 

I do not know what should be done in such a situation. any contact number...or some ideas...

please suggest your opinions and time they took to update your application package online. 

many thanks in advance!

Archived