H1B I94 validity for sponsoring B2 visa

nitin4unme

Hi,

I would be really grateful if someone can answer my question. My I94 is expiring in October 2015 but my I 797 is valid till October 2017. I have applied for B2 visa for my parents and their interview is scheduled in mid June 2015.

What are chances of visa getting rejected due to my I94 expiring in October. THey will be will travelling in October. My employer has started the process to extend the I94 but it will take some time(probably 2-3 months). Should I postpone the parents interview till I get the new dates. What other options do I have?

Thanks

Nitin

My H1B visa & I-94 is expiring in Oct 2015 (filing H1B extension in June 2015), & my mom received Visitor visa for 10 years at Mumbai Consulate on 26th May. I was sponsoring my Mom trip as per Form DS-160. I don't think your expiring I-94 has anything to do with your parents visitor visa outcome.

If asked "Why you want to visit US?"  Answer : To meet our son & tourism purpose (keep it simple). They might ask couple of places name where they plan to visit for tourism purpose.

If either have active job, good Bank Saving/ FDs & couple of properties in India, let them sponsor themselves. But, they'll still need to disclose about their son in US as per Form DS-160. If you have younger sibling in India, staying with parent - will work in your favor.

Archived