Can I file a case on my employer for giving wrong information on H1B?

Ravikp

I was working in US till November 2014. My H1B extension was denied due to the wrong information given by my employer. I had to return to India at a very short notice while my wife was pregnant.  Given this, can I file a case on my employer for the wrong information that they gave? if yes, what Kind of lawyer should I go to?

Please Suggest.

What wrong information was provided? I would suggest you to start looking for a new employer as you will be considered cap exempt if you have not reached the max allowed of 6 years on H1B.

I have completed 6 years on H1B. At one point of time, I was out of US for 15 months so my employer told me that the H1 will get rest as I was out of US for more than an year continusly. Looks like that's not the case. Now my H1 extension got denied and I am out of US so I want to file a case on my employer for the wrong information they gave. Please suggest what kind of lawyer I should look for for this

I have completed 6 years on H1B. At one point of time, I was out of US for 15 months so my employer told me that the H1 will get rest as I was out of US for more than an year continusly. Looks like that's not the case. Now my H1 extension got denied and I am out of US so I want to file a case on my employer for the wrong information they gave. Please suggest what kind of lawyer I should look for for this

The employer may not have known the rules.

Even USCIS often gives wrong information. They are not required to give correct information. And neither is a lay person like me or anybody else here or an employer.

You should have consulted a lawyer to get correct information.

In short, there is nothing you can do. Period. End of story.

Well, that will be considered as ignorance of US immigration laws.  Start looking for a new employer as you can recapture the time you spent outside US and file a cap exempt H1B petition if you have not reached the max allowed stay of 6 years on H1B.

Archived