Doctor Declaration for Physician Panel before Visa Interview - Chennai

mrav85

Hi,

Anyone here have taken the physician panel test before the visa interview in Chennai? I found this useful information.

Link 1 - http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/MDR%20-%20Madras

Link 2 - http://chennai.apollohospitals.com/key-information

Results:

Normal Reports:
The completed medical reports will be handed over to the applicant when all the reports are normal. They will be given to Applicant in a sealed & stamped cover. Reports have to be taken to the US Consulate at the time of Applicant visa interview

Abnormal reports:
Abnormal reports will be couriered to the American Consulate, Chennai.

Also, the web site states, if the results are normal - the reports would be handed over to the applicant. 

Question 1 - With these tests performed in advance - will the visa officer issue 221G and ask again to go for the physician panel or the reports from the hospital should be okay?

Question 2: What would be the process now, as the applicant will submit the report results to the visa officer by the time of the interview itself?

Question: How much time from that interview date it takes for the VO to ask for the passport?

Please advise.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Acehearts - Please go through the 2 links that I have provided in my first post. I would give a call to Chennai consulate and get it clarified, as this would save time while going for the interview. 

If you have any update - please email me. My mail id is in my profile. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Stupidme - As far as I know, you cant take the test in USA. I think you can do it in India before a week of your stamping.

Could you please provide your email id or can you drop an email to my email id thats on the profile? How did you get the case expunged? Can you provide some details?

• 1 year later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I am planning to go for a visa interview on Dec 06 and have a return flight on Dec 30. So do we know for sure if Panel Physician test for DUI can be given earlier and how recent test do they accept ? I will be going to Delhi embassy, does anyone know what is the best way to get a solid info on this.

Thanks, Ajay

Archived