US Visa Appointment in Canada

Rashee

Many thanks to the folks in this forum! I just got an appointment date for sept 27... Not really what I was looking for but something's better than nothing.... My only fear is any extra time due to EVC model.... Fingers crossed! Good luck all for your upcoming interviews and keep us posted how the interview goes!

Best,

RG

Guys, question:

My H1 extn got approved on Aug 11. I am appearing for visa interview in Ottawa on Sept 27... how can I confirm that PIMS verification be done on time and that I wont get stuck in Ottawa due to that.

If PIMS info is not in their database then do we come back for the interview? How does that work out?

I heard sending emails to the consulate for confirmation but also heard that this doesn't work very well .....any suggestions?

As always, appreciate your time!

RG

If your extension was approved on 11th August 2011 then i would say it is highly possible PIMS database will not be updated by sept 27. (I think it take 2 to 3 months in normal process)

BUT

your lawyer can mail KCC (Kentucky Consular

Center) with the updated status.

google it and you wil find more details abot it.

BTW best of luck for your visa stamping :)

Originally posted by samvaidy:

Please let us know about first time h1b stamping in canada.

I started working with my employer since i was on F-1 as part time on CPT and then full time on OPT and then full time on H1B, Should i mention on DS-160 only employment period of H1B or i have to mention all even for CPT and OPT.

Please advise.

@sanjivvinaik: Many Thanks! I just contacted my lawyer to send a copy of approval to KCC. He also mentioned that while filing for my I-129 he checked the option of forwarding approval copy to KCC. Hoping to get by!

@samvaidy: I did back in 2007 @ Ottawa. Was fine. I have masters from US. I suggest if you have masters from US then don't worry otherwise, re consider because education evaluation causes trouble sometimes...that's what I have heard

@gagarli: Posted answer in your original thread. Anyway - I would mention OPT and not CPT. While on CPT you're still a student. This is my reasoning!

I filled DS160 for Toronto. But, I could not find appointment in Toronto sooner than Oct 31. So, I scheduled an appointment in Ottawa on Oct 3. My OPT ends on Sep 29. I would like to get it stamped and return from Canada before that Sep 29.

Will I be able to reschedule my appointment date to mid September, if available later, to Toronto?

How to reschedule the appointment? I do not see a link for rescheduling. Should I use the same process I did while scheduling for first time?

Will there be anyone to exchange appointment dates?

Should I return I94 when I go to Canada? My employer said no need. is it true? As my OPT ends on Sep 29, Will it be advisable not to return I-94?

Should I file I-824 if I change US consulate? Originally, my POE is Chennai. My COS got denied as I went to India when application is in process last month. My employer said no need to to do that. If so, should I ask him to send a copy of Petition Approval to KCC for PIMS update?

Really? You expect someone to answer the zillion questions that you asked with out even taking a breath in between ;)

Never mind! Here's my attempt to get some of it answered----

I filled DS160 for Toronto. But, I could not find appointment in Toronto sooner than Oct 31. So, I scheduled an appointment in Ottawa on Oct 3. My OPT ends on Sep 29. I would like to get it stamped and return from Canada before that Sep 29.

@Keep checking, someone may cancel! tHat's the best approach!

Will I be able to reschedule my appointment date to mid September, if available later, to Toronto?

@See no problem with that!

How to reschedule the appointment? I do not see a link for rescheduling. Should I use the same process I did while scheduling for first time?

@ Log in to the CSC Visa Appt account. Top right corner is - My accounts. Click on that and you see you scheduled appt. Scroll down and the website asks you - what would you like to do?

First option is Reschedule appointment. Click on that and see when's the next available.However, I am not sure how to change the consulate. You probably want to ask "this question separately/only" to get someone to reply...

Not me at this time!;)but I am guessing someone might be!

Should I return I94 when I go to Canada? My employer said no need. is it true? As my OPT ends on Sep 29, Will it be advisable not to return I-94?

@My employer says not to give I94...he said you can say that you're going for US visa stamping and that should cover for it....

Should I file I-824 if I change US consulate? Originally, my POE is Chennai. My COS got denied as I went to India when application is in process last month. My employer said no need to to do that.

@ Sorry, not much of an idea....

If so, should I ask him to send a copy of Petition Approval to KCC for PIMS update?

@ That would be nice to have.....

Really? You expect someone to answer the zillion questions that you asked with out even taking a breath in between ;)

Never mind! Here's my attempt to get some of it answered----

@Keep checking, someone may cancel! tHat's the best approach!

@See no problem with that!

@ Log in to the CSC Visa Appt account. Top right corner is - My accounts. Click on that and you see you scheduled appt. Scroll down and the website asks you - what would you like to do?

First option is Reschedule appointment. Click on that and see when's the next available.However, I am not sure how to change the consulate. You probably want to ask "this question separately/only" to get someone to reply...

Not me at this time!;)but I am guessing someone might be!

@My employer says not to give I94...he said you can say that you're going for US visa stamping and that should cover for it....

Should I file I-824 if I change US consulate? Originally, my POE is Chennai. My COS got denied as I went to India when application is in process last month. My employer

Archived