US Visa Appointment in Canada

Rashee

Could someone please help me with this.

Thank you !

I am trying to schedule an appointment in Canada and I see that in this new system. I cannot see all the dates available , I am given only a date saying " Next appointment date is available after N days" . Is there a way to check the dates available atleast for a month.

If I make the payment, will I be able to see all availaable dates as to when I can schedule an appointment.

You can re-schedule once but I would never recommend to reschedule unless you have a strong reason to do that and when asked you can prove with documentation.

If not then mostly VO will either put such cases uner 221G or reject the application. It is more common with people who schedule for Interview but never appears.

One can reschedule at any time and this is not some thing -ive on your end. I personally rescheduled for three time and when appeared for an Interview got approved and collected passport the very next day. More over VO didn't even asked why you rescheduled it.

Originally posted by sanjivvinaik:

You can re-schedule once but I would never recommend to reschedule unless you have a strong reason to do that and when asked you can prove with documentation.

If not then mostly VO will either put such cases uner 221G or reject the application. It is more common with people who schedule for Interview but never appears.

Thank you for your valuable feedbacks guys - sanjivvinaik and amergulzar.

I think you both are right . Rescheduling an appntmt again and again sends a wrong note to the Interviewer(if they see the rescheduled appointments).

On the other hand, if ther's a genuine reason and you have to reschedule it no matter what, you have to do that .

Thanks !

For krishna21

This would be my 7th yr extension after my MS in here . I have read in Murthy forums about going to home Country for first H1-B stamping. There is no rule as to what you have to follow - you gotto decide that on your own . If you want to take chances somewhere else other than your home country - you can.

There are pros and cons in getting Visa Stamping done in ur home Country or somewhere else. Hope this helps!

Hello All-

Similar question to the original post but the sticking point is that I am seeing an appointment date available after 51 days I.e oct. I have an important need to get it stamped by sept 1st week to mid. Wondering if anyone seen dates flipping back to a shorter duration. I haven't paid the fee as i cant go in oct! If the dates don't really flip back and only keep moving then I have to get plan B but for now would appreciate if anyone can let me know if I am targeting a feasible date or not! Appreciate all your experience !

Thanks

RG

If you are not stick to 1 consulate then i would advice keep on checking different consulates.

Earlier in June when I wanted to book an appointment, I selected Montreal but it was showing "No Dates Available"

Calgary "Next Appointment is available after 50 days"

Then I checked Toronto and got "Next available appointment is available in 15 days" and I went to Toronto.

Thanks, Rashee and Sanjivinaik..... Appreciate it folks! Question is that I have already submitted my DS form for Ottawa wondering if I can switch consulates... I just read that it is advisable not to switch consulates like that since it delays your process! Your thoughts/ experience, please?

And actually, Toronto is 78 days :(

If you switch the consulate then you have to fill the DS - 160 again from begning choosing the right DHL location.

Apart from that it will be fine.

I myself first submitted Ds - 160 for Montreal but after 1 week also when i was not able to schedule appointment then i checked Toronto and found slot there so at that time i re-submitted DS -160 choosing "Brampton" as DHL location.

Hope this helps...

Thanks, sanjivvinaik

At least some hope!! I am going to watch for 1-2 days and restart the thing

quick threes:

1. What happens to the DS160 that I have already submitted? Do I have to cancel the form submission or anything like that....?not even sure if I can do that!

2.Can I export the existing DS 160 form (that I have for Ottawa) if I choose Calgary? or start filling from scratch?

3. Lastly, I hope don't pay the visa fee again!

Again, Many thanks for replying back!

RG-

Follow the link - http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

What happens to my DS-160 if I select a U.S. Embassy or Consulate where I will be applying for my visa, but end up making an interview appointment instead at another U.S. Embassy or Consulate?

------------------------------------------------

The Embassy or Consulate at which you actually apply should be able to access your form using the barcode on your DS-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview. For example, a business traveler intends to apply for his visa at the U.S. Embassy in City X, so he selects City X as the location where he will submit his application when he completes his DS-160. He then has an urgent reason to travel to City Y on business. Because there is a U.S. Consulate in City Y, he schedules an appointment for a visa interview there, using the barcode from his completed DS-160 application for appointment scheduling. The U.S. Consulate in City Y is able to accept his DS-160 even though it lists the U.S. Embassy in City X as the location where he originally intended to submit his application.

Originally posted by rashiars:

Thanks, Rashee and Sanjivinaik..... Appreciate it folks! Question is that I have already submitted my DS form for Ottawa wondering if I can switch consulates... I just read that it is advisable not to switch consulates like that since it delays your process! Your thoughts/ experience, please?

And actually, Toronto is 78 days :(

Since i will take my passport back after interview and would come back once AP is done.So what should i write on DS-160 when it ask about DHL location....Please advise as soon as possible.

1. What happens to the DS160 that I have already submitted? Do I have to cancel the form submission or anything like that....?not even sure if I can do that!

Once you fill new DS - 160 old information will be over written so you don't have to do anything.

2.Can I export the existing DS 160 form (that I have for Ottawa) if I choose Calgary? or start filling from scratch?

You have to strat filling from scratch

3. Lastly, I hope don't pay the visa fee again!

No, you dont have to pay visa fee again. One fee is good for one interview.

If you even change the location without filling new DS - 160. There is NO way that US consulate can change your delivery location.

i.e. if you selected dover as DHL location and finally came to toronto for interview then your passport will be send to dover only for the pickup

you cannot change it brampton in toronto so you have to either wait for delivery via DHL of fly to dover t ocollect your passport.

Choice is yours :)

Archived