More fake universities exposed

JoeF

The NYT has an article about a Pakistani company that operates a bunch of websites for fake universities. They apparently have a callcenter where lots of people cold-call potential victims.

Search for "Fake Diplomas, Real Cash: Pakistani Company Reaps Millions" (I left out the company name, otherwise this post may not get approved.)

Of course, it is important to stay away from such fraudsters.

The known frauds HGU and EyeTeeYou are not much better, and also need to be avoided.

• 2 weeks later...

This company in Pakistan is selling fake degrees to its customers who mostly has full knowledge of what they are buying. The other subset of the customers who unknowingly pay for the online courses, I would like to see how many of them really exists in this age. If they are using legal loophole to sell degree with affiliation from other Universities or selling online materials, I am fine with it. Seems like there is a demand for this business.

On the other hand, the fake universities in USA use legal loopholes to sell services like CPT, OPT, F1 visa to its clienteles. Surely, there is a demand for these so they exist. I would like to see more of these businesses to bring competition.

If they are doing something illegal, law should take it's course.

Archived