I-140 approved, relocating to India

leovikrant

Hi,

I have an I-140 approved through my current employer under EB3 category. Unfortunately, due to family problems in India, I have to relocate to India for a few years. The Priority Dates for EB3 are another 8-10 years from now (my PD is May 2013). 

- What are my options to keep my GC processing going even while in India?

- Since my current job is a US job, once I go to India I will have to resign from this company. What will happen to my I-140?

- Is Consular Processing an option for me without a US job in hand? I have seen some posts talking about starting Consular Processing from India, how does that work?

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your replies!

I understand that I need to have a job offer at the time when my PD becomes current to use Consular Processing. Does the job offer need to be from the same employer who files my I-140, or can it be from some other employer?

For CP, it has to be from the same employer.

• 2 years later...

what if someone has an i 140 based on self petition - NIW occupation?  for eg - i worked for 5 years in an underserved area to fulfill the need for NIW green card requirement. I have all the credentials to be self employed in an underserved area. but since I am from india - who know when the PD is going to become current.  In this situation - can i go to India and change to consular processing? and wait there until priority date becomes current without loosing place in line?

Archived