PP Renewal. i94 Admit Until Date ~ Expiration Date

I'm on an H1B and went to India in Jan 2015, returned 07 Feb 2015. My passport was expiring on 05 June 2015, hence I have sent that for renewal. I then looked at my i94 to check about exiting the country and reentering to refresh it as most websites I had looked at mentioned if I traveled out of USA and did not return before the 6 months expiry mark of my visa or passport then I need to exit/reenter USA after I get the passport. It was required to do the same to "extend" i94 date but I think my i94 date i.e. Admit Until Date looks good.

Now my i94 has 2 dates, Admit Until Date: 2016 September 18 and Expiration Date: 2015 May 31.

Dates:

Old Passport Expiry: 05 June 2015

H1B Visa Expiry: 08 Sep 2016

i94 Admit Until Date: 18 September 2016

i94 Expiration Date: 31 May 2015

What should I do? Do I need to exit the country and reenter? or does everything look good? Please advise.

Hi murthyji.....

I am really worried and need a correct direction...as people and online stuffs is little confusing...

Question is i jus saw my i94 it has one expiry date on right top corner which is may 2015 (next month). And admit until date is 2016...which date should it be considered..do i need to start filing for i94 extention and if yes who does it...me or employer....

Please advice.it would be of great help..

.thankssss

Hi murthyji.....

I am really worried and need a correct direction...as people and online stuffs is little confusing...

Question is i jus saw my i94 it has one expiry date on right top corner which is may 2015 (next month). And admit until date is 2016...which date should it be considered..do i need to start filing for i94 extention and if yes who does it...me or employer....

Please advice.it would be of great help..

.thankssss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived