Successful H1B & H4 stamping in Delhi

giri26

I recently attended Visa interview in Delhi and got my visa. The interview was very simple and I was not asked any documents except for the I797. Both my wife and I got our visas and the interview lasted only for a minute. I work for the same company for 10 years and for the same client for the last 7 years. I work in E-C model.

Below were the question asked:

1. New H1B or renewal?

2. What is your role?

3. How long are you working with your employer?

4. Who is your client?

5. The the VO asked my wife about her qualification.

6. where did you do your masters and what was your major?

Thats all I was asked. This is the first time I attended my interview in Delhi. Lots of  tourist visas were getting rejected. I did not see too many H1B's along with me. Just saw a few H4's. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to help.

I recently attended Visa interview in Delhi and got my visa. The interview was very simple and I was not asked any documents except for the I797. Both my wife and I got our visas and the interview lasted only for a minute. I work for the same company for 10 years and for the same client for the last 7 years. I work in E-C model.

Below were the question asked:

1. New H1B or renewal?

2. What is your role?

3. How long are you working with your employer?

4. Who is your client?

5. The the VO asked my wife about her qualification.

6. where did you do your masters and what was your major?

Thats all I was asked. This is the first time I attended my interview in Delhi. Lots of  tourist visas were getting rejected. I did not see too many H1B's along with me. Just saw a few H4's. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be glad to help.

Hi Giri, Did VO asked for paystubs and W2 as well?

I have the same question- do we need to carry original I-140 or photocop of I-140 for visa stamping ?

Original is with attorney and not sure if i can get that. He said he'll keep with him for filing I 485 when time comes, and candidate will just have the photocopy. Also not sure if we even need that for H1B stamping.

Someone please answer.

• 3 weeks later...

@Giri26,

While scheduling and paying fee on cgifederal.secure.force.com web site, what did you select under visa type (H1B or H4). When I am selecting H1B, I donot see my dependent (even though I have added them in the profile) and it says to pay amount equivalent to $190. Please reply and need your input to make an appointment for my family and myself.

• 3 weeks later...

@Giri26,

While scheduling and paying fee on cgifederal.secure.force.com web site, what did you select under visa type (H1B or H4). When I am selecting H1B, I donot see my dependent (even though I have added them in the profile) and it says to pay amount equivalent to $190. Please reply and need your input to make an appointment for my family and myself.

I am not sure @hapatel, my company booked the dates for me and paid the fees.

Archived