How to correct a mistake in DS160

fountainshead

I am applying for a renewal of my F1 visa and I qualify for the dropbox program. I filled out the DS160 and paid the fees after which I realized that I had made a small mistake in the DS160. I forgot to answer YES to 'Have you ever been denied a US visa' because it was a long time ago and I didnt remember.

I have already filled out a new DS160. In the website where you schedule appointment, I found that its easy to edit the DS160 confirmation number, so I did that.

Will I run into any problems? It seems that the only issue could be that when I paid the visa fees, the CGI ref no that I used was generated using my old DS160 number.

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it will help you. My wife and I had to change DS160 because we made a mistake on 'List the countries you visited in the last 30 days' (or something like that). We simply started a new DS160 and took a printout. When we went for fingerprinting the guy stamped something on it. When I went for the consular interview I gave the corrected one and the original receipt.

Archived