Checklist of documents to be sent with N-400 application

GC007

Hi,

I am preparing to submit N-400 application, went thru all the documents such as N-400 instructions, document checklist, M-476 guide ..etc.

Still it is not 100% clear to me what to send along with my application.

Few details about me:

1) Received Green Card 5 years ago

2) Only one marriage

3) No criminal or any other kind of issues or tickets

As per my understanding, I need to send

1) Copy of Green card

2) 2 Photos

3) Check (fee) and

4) Status Information letter

Please let me know if I need to send any more docs such as marriage certificate, tax returns ..etc

Note: please don't reply saying like "go thru the instructions  and follow the instructions", I have done this and want myself very clear about this process.

The other Q i have is

Q2: Have a son (green card holder) who is under 18 years now, so we can't apply N-400 for him. However in 4 months he  will be 18. By our interview (myself & wife) if he turns 18, is he still going to be considered minor  or do we need to submit N-400 application for him also?

Your help/info will be appreciated ...

Thank you.   

The Docs you specified for Naturalization are adequate. To add to your understanding the USCIS will send a list of required documents in the Interview Letter.

Once he is 18 and you are not naturalized by that time he will need to apply on his own which I assume he qualifies for as of now. If you become a citizen before he turns 18 he will get Automatic Citizenship. But it is unlikely 4 months is time enough for you to complete the formalities of Citizenship. Have you already got an appointment for the Naturalization Interview?

Archived