DUI , Valid H1 Stamping, H4 for Wife

aamaravadi

Hi

I am on H1 and I got a dui on Dec 14, I have plead guilty and my BAC reading > 0.15, yes I was stupid but I need your help. I have valid H1B stamping until Feb 2016 and I am planning to go to India to get married. I won't be going to stamping since I already have a valid one and I am not planning to travel out of the country until 2019 after this travel, just to be on the safer side. I have few questions

1) Will I have any problem at the Port of Entry while coming back
2) Will my wife have any problems in getting H4 stamping

As read in the different forums I will be carrying all the documents.

You will be sent to a room and made to wait there for 15 minutes or so at the Port of Entry. If the DUI is the only infraction you have, then you will be fine. Make sure you have your disposition letters (if case closed) or documents stating your case is still going on. 

Your wife should be ok. 

Source: Me.

I had a DUI in Jan 2013, Went to get married in Dec 2013, went through stamping as well and came back successfully.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am in the same boat here. My final sentencing is on April 30th. And my extension is going on right now. I am worried a lot about my extension being approved by USCIS. Will there be any issues? The probational officer said that there is a possbility USCIS might consider this OWVI and deny the extension.

longtimelurker - Is there a way to get in touch with you? Your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Archived