Travel to US with my pregnant wife on H1 and H4 visa respectively

ashpal

Hi,

I will be travelling to US with my wife in mid of April 2015. I am on H1B visa and she is on H4. By the time we travel, her pregnancy will be 25 weeks.

- can she travel during that time. I asked the airline and they allow travel till 28 weeks of pregnancy. But can any issue come up during immigration/port of entry.

- I an carrying travel insurance initially foe both me and my wife and later once I join the company I get myself and my wife enrolled in the company provided insurance plan. Does this information suffice to Immigration officer (CBP).

- can I carry her pregnancy medicines along with Dr. prescription, during trave

- do we need to do advance tentative booking in hospital for her delivery. Why I am asking this, I might be shifting to some other location from the one I join immediately I arrive there due to new project.

Please help

Thanks in Advance

No issue should come up during immigration/port of entry.

Carry travel insurance. Also get a letter from US employer stating their insurance plan and effective coverage dates.

No need to do advance tentative booking in hospital for her delivery. Find a OB/GYN  ASAP at the location of your project and make sure thay are accepting new patients.

Archived