H1B extension based on perm Re-appeal

karthik503

I am in my 6th year of H1B which expiring on october 15 2015. My labor audit got denied last week. 
My employer is re-appealing for the denial this week and based upon re-appealing process my employer will file for another year of H1B in premium on May1st. By this time I will have have 6-8 month by reclaiming the time I am out of US. 

As a back up plan I am also planning to file another labor with different employer in May 1st as these days future employment based filing is little tricky. 

Can you Please share your thoughts on H1 extension approval based on re-appealing process.? 

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

@karthik

We are in the same boat. Currently awaiting PERM audit result. Sep 25 2015 is our 6th year date with a couple of months of recapture. Planning to re-appeal and apply for an year's extension. Does anyone know when the case turns back to pending after you file an appeal. Is it right away or is it only after it goes to BALCA?

• 3 weeks later...

@ Sushruta

In my case My perm audit got denied. Considering 6 months left on my H1 my employer re-appealed for denied labor so I can apply for h1 extension. Recently they applied for my H1 extension in premium still waiting for the results.

Coming to Balca, I donot have much knowledge but from what I heard is .it depends on how you want to approach. Lets say if you want to get quick answer you can appeal directly. If you want to play safe game and get 2 extension I think Balca goes for 2-3 years.

In my case i have applied for new labor with different employer as future employment. But first I need to get my extension.

Archived