applying OCI for newborn but dont have h1 stamp on passport

hi,

M not sure whether m posting in right section :(

M applying for OCI card for my 3 month old....and "required documents list " says 

VISA STATUS FOR PARENTS

Employment Authorization Card which states ‘Serves as 1-512’ or Copy of Pages showing H1 / H4, L1 / L4, F1 / F2, J1 / J2 etc.

NOTE: 1- TRANSFER NOTICES AND RECEIPT NOTES ARE NOT ACCEPTED

My problem is I was on L1 visa and last year i got h1 in lottery for this I have H1(i 797A)  Notice of Action as a proof.But on my passport L1 stamp is there and which is already expired now.

So what should i submit to show that m on H1?

As it says notice/receipt is not accepted.

Its difficult for me to go back India just for stamping.Is there any other way?

Please help :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

M not sure whether m posting in right section :(

M applying for OCI card for my 3 month old....and "required documents list " says 

VISA STATUS FOR PARENTS

Employment Authorization Card which states ‘Serves as 1-512’ or Copy of Pages showing H1 / H4, L1 / L4, F1 / F2, J1 / J2 etc.

NOTE: 1- TRANSFER NOTICES AND RECEIPT NOTES ARE NOT ACCEPTED

My problem is I was on L1 visa and last year i got h1 in lottery for this I have H1(i 797A)  Notice of Action as a proof.But on my passport L1 stamp is there and which is already expired now.

So what should i submit to show that m on H1?

As it says notice/receipt is not accepted.

Its difficult for me to go back India just for stamping.Is there any other way?

Please help :)

Hi, i am in same boat and CKGS is saying that approval notice I797A wont be accepted. Did you applied and they accepted your application? and also which center you applied, i am applying with NY embassy.

• 1 month later...

Hi, i am in same boat and CKGS is saying that approval notice I797A wont be accepted. Did you applied and they accepted your application? and also which center you applied, i am applying with NY embassy.

hi..........sorry for late reply....yes i applied at chicago...its under process...it should work...i797a means h1 with i94.Ckgs gives little different information/answer in every call to same question(my experience).Dont ask ckgs ....just send ur documents...it will work....let us know..what happened.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...