I got new I94 for I797b based on my current visa validatity without attending visa interview.

kramakrishna1

Hi,

I am working for company A at present and i got H1B petition approved with company B on the condition of I797B without I94 on Dec 22, 2014.

also with company B i got my Green card labor got approved on february2015 so inorder to process my I140 the company B asked me to come there payroll.

I had valid visa stamping with X company still Dec 2015 so i travelled canada to just cross the border and get new I94 with company B.

At the port of entry i shown my new I797B and i got I94 still my passport expiry because my passport is expiring before my I797B.

i'd landed safely to USA and after one week i laidoff from my current consulting job. now i have full time offer with x company. but i don't have any paystubs with my new company B from dec22, 2014 and i not even worked for them as well.

still my old company is running my payroll and paystubs.

is it okay to continue  to work for my old company A or compulsory i have to work for new company B now?

If i accepts full time job offer with x company will my H1B transfer will approve ?

Please advice me.

• 3 years later...

Hi KRamakrishna1,

I am in similar situation as yours where I got I797B without I94.

As you mentioned -- "At the port of entry i shown my new I797B and i got I94", did you get it under Automatic Visa Revalidation (AVR) program?

My understanding on AVR is --  When entering back to the States from Canada, you need to have a valid (non-expired) I94 date stamped on your passport OR a Paper I94 electronically generated from Center of Border and Customs Protection (CBP) website??

Please correct me and if I am missing here something. Look forward to your response!

Archived