L1 to H1B

pb9986854

hi,

My L1 is expiring in May2015 and my H1B is being filed april1st 2015. In case my H1B is approved, my manager is willing to allow me work from India between may until october 2015 without initiating global relocation process. This means I would be working from India within this timeframe but would be on my employers US Payroll.

Can you please let me know If this is acceptable?

Thanks

Guru

• 1 month later...

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier, my manager has agreed and allowed me to work from india with my companys US payroll without initiating global transfer from US to India. If my H1B is approved , I will comeback in october. If not, I would then be transferred to India.

Today, I received an email from my company asking for updated I-9 (employee eligibility) form since my L1 is expiring on May11th 2015 and if not my work needs to be terminated at my US company.

Now, what should I respond to this email? Should i tell them my agreement with my manager, or is it imminent that my manager needs to initiate global transfer from US to India since I dont have I-9 beyond May10th 2015

Please suggest.

Thanks

Guru

Hi,

As I mentioned earlier, my manager has agreed and allowed me to work from india with my companys US payroll without initiating global transfer from US to India. If my H1B is approved , I will comeback in october. If not, I would then be transferred to India.

Today, I received an email from my company asking for updated I-9 (employee eligibility) form since my L1 is expiring on May11th 2015 and if not my work needs to be terminated at my US company.

Now, what should I respond to this email? Should i tell them my agreement with my manager, or is it imminent that my manager needs to initiate global transfer from US to India since I dont have I-9 beyond May10th 2015

Please suggest.

Thanks

Guru

This is an internal communication from your employer. Respond in any way you like or ask your manager to respond.

Archived