DMV issue for H-4 status

sunnygarg

Hi,  I have a query regarding an issue with the road test for my wife who is here in US on H-4 visa. She had recently booked a road test at a DMV location in Texas. She was told at the DPS counter that her Lawful Presence Verfication is showing as Pending and she will be receiving a letter from USCIS confirming her lawful presence in Texas in 10 business days. We eventually received a letter from Texas DPS stating that Department of Homeland Security is currently unable to verify the information on her I-766 Employment Authorization Card and they need 20 more days to verify the information. We have never applied for her EAD. We booked an InfoPass appointment with USCIS. In the USCIS office, they confirmed her H4 status and said that everything looked good in terms of her records. But they can't contact DMV to clear her status as DMV is a separate department. Neither, they can provide any written proof of that to show to DMV . All they suggested is that we book the road test again and explain to DMV verbally at the counter is that we have checked with USCIS and everything looks good. I am afraid that DMV may not entertain this verbal communication and may not allow her to go for the  road test again. Can anyone share their thoughts on how to proceed further. 

Thanks

Sandeep

Archived