Should apply for the Re-entry Permit ?

Jol

Following recent Consular Processing outside the US, my passport (& that of spouse) is stamped with I-551. Presently, I am working outside the US and continuing job search. Now, in the next 2 weeks, I have to attend a job interview in the US and return within a week, as the interview result may not be available immediately. Subject to the successful result, I will re-enter the US after about 2 months as per notice period requirement with the present employer outside USA.

Look forward to receiving advise/suggestions on the following:

Whether I should apply for the Re-entry Permit to travel outside US.  If it is rquired, then is 1-week stay (4 working days) in the US adequate to complete the Re-entry Permit process ?  It is understood that biometrics appointment is part of the the Re-entry Permit process, for which the candidate has to be present in the US for the biometrics appointment, for which I can make a second trip to the US.

Spouse can accompany me for the first US trip for the job interview and can stay in the US till GC is received, if required. Should spouse stay in the US till GC is received ?

Another option is to travel alone for the job interview in the US without spouse (spouse visa carries a comment "valid only if Acc/FTJ Spouse"). If I am required to apply for the Re-entry Permit, then complete the documentation during 1-week trip for the job interview and later, re-enter the US along with spouse to attend the biometrics appointment on second trip. After this landing, spouse can stay in the US till GC is received, if required.

Archived