H1B Visa Portability possibility

Here is the below situation on my H1B, I request you to please suggest, based on the below situation:

- H1B extended last year and is valid upto July 03, 2015

- No stamping done after extension

-  Quit company on Dec 15, 2014 and moved out of the U.S.

In the above situation, can I know whether my petition is still valid, if I manage to get a new job offer?

If it is possible, do I have to get another job offer before my H1B expires, or is it ok to get a job offer with starting date- after the visa expiry also ?

I request you to please clarify the above aspects.

Regards

Abhishek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your response Jai. 

I have another quick question regarding my B1/B2 Visa. 

My employer has sponsored me a B1/B2 Visa(in 2011) valid until 2021. I have traveled once for a Business visit in 2011 on the B1 Visa. 

After that, I have entered U.S. on a H1 Visa and then moved out of U.S. to Canada after resigning  from my employer.

Now, if I want to visit my family in the U.S. for a personal trip, can I use the same B1/B2 visa which my employer has issued in 2011 ?

- Its validity is still there

- I have quit my company that sponsored my B1/B2.

If I choose to enter U.S. by road, can I use that visa ? and is there anything that I need to prepare at the border or carry any documentation ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhishek

Thanks for your response Jai. 

I have another quick question regarding my B1/B2 Visa. 

My employer has sponsored me a B1/B2 Visa(in 2011) valid until 2021. I have traveled once for a Business visit in 2011 on the B1 Visa. 

After that, I have entered U.S. on a H1 Visa and then moved out of U.S. to Canada after resigning  from my employer.

Now, if I want to visit my family in the U.S. for a personal trip, can I use the same B1/B2 visa which my employer has issued in 2011 ?

- Its validity is still there

- I have quit my company that sponsored my B1/B2.

If I choose to enter U.S. by road, can I use that visa ? and is there anything that I need to prepare at the border or carry any documentation ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Abhishek

Yes, you can use the B2 visa for visit. No issue at all. Confirmed stay and return itinerary.

B visa is intended for business/tourism. Its not bound to an employer. While you are at the check in agent make sure u let them know that you will be using your B visa. Also and POE make sure you are ready to explain to the entry officer that you intention is only to visit family.

Archived