H1b extension after 6 years with approved PERM possible?

susam

Hello,

My 6 years H1 is ending by 1st week of April and i have my PERM approved last year November (2014). My employer has filed for my I140 (as premium processing), however i got an RFE and the attorney are currently working on the response.

Could someone please advise whether my employer can file for my H1b extension for an year using the approved PERM? or should they have to wait for I140 approval before filing for my extension.

Please advise.

Thanks!

GO back to home country or change status to different visa. What is the advice of your employer/ Attorney. If your visa expires in the first week of April extension should have been submitted atleast 90 days before in regular processing/ 15 days for PP.

Yes  you can use recapture time.

Ideally when you got PERM approved in Nov, employer should have filed I-140 in PP as you had only 4 months before your 6 yrs are up. It is not worth cutting it that close when I 140 takes 4 months for approval without any RFE according to USCIS website. The employer/ attorney are to blame for this situation and you should demand that  the case be upgraded to PP rightaway.

I am not sure if RFE  pending status can be used for extension.

Hi Ashu,

My I140 was filed as PP, and they have filed my responses today for the RFE. So i'm guessing hopefully in two weeks i should be able to receive an positive response from USCIS.

Yeah thats one thing i wanted to know, if the I140 RFE is pending response, can that be used for extension.

Archived