H1B stamping at Ottawa after 221g white slip

KLK643

I had my interview on 13th Feb Friday @ 8:15 , handed over my PP and 797 to the officer before the following questions start to pour in .

1. Who's your employer?

2. What do u do for your employer?

3. Since when are you working for your employer?

4. Can I see your employer letter?

5. Do u have an end client?

6. Who's your end client ?

7. Can I see your client letter?

8. Where did you do your masters ?

9. Can I have a copy of your masters degree?

10. Do u have any layers between ur employer and client?

11. Do u have the vendor agreement papers? Gave them the vendor papers.

12. Can I have a copy of ur I-129 amendment?

13. Can I have ur latest pay stubs?

That's it !! the officer handed me 221g white slip along with my PP and kept all the documents and said that I will hear from them this week.

16th feb : presidents day holiday.

17th Feb: got an email to submit my passport. A lady at window 7 took my passport and asked me to wait for an officer at some other window , the officer returned all my documents and handed me a piece of paper which had the tracking information for my passport, he said your visa is approved and i will receive it with in 2-3 business days.

19th Feb : DS160 status changed to Issued.

I am waiting for the tracking to get activated -:), hopefully I should be able to collect my PP tomorrow !!

Note:

1. My client got a verification email to which they responded the same day.

2. Please don't carry any backpacks , they won't allow it inside ,however

they do allow phones and your wallet , but they keep it in a locker before you enter the interview room.

Tips:

1. Relax, smile and be confident.

2. Don't panic if you get 221g, as I think this is just part of their verification process.

Mostly they contact your end client or employer regarding your employment.

3. Be prepared to spend at least a week here, it's extremely cold like -20 to -30 .Me and my family stayed at my relatives place which was a couple of blocks away from the consulate.

My wife already have an H1 visa and my son is a US citizen, so I am very lucky that they didn't have to go through this ordeal.

I also got 221g on 17th and got email to submit my passport on 19th after client verification. I am still waiting for my status to change to "Issued". It seems based on above experiences they are taking two days to changed to issued. I am hopeful it might change the status tomorrow.

Do you guys know what time usually they change the status? also can i attempt to get PP at loomis on same day evening?

I also got 221g on 17th and got email to submit my passport on 19th after client verification. I am still waiting for my status to change to "Issued". It seems based on above experiences they are taking two days to changed to issued. I am hopeful it might change the status tomorrow.

Do you guys know what time usually they change the status? also can i attempt to get PP at loomis on same day evening?

For me the status changed to "Issued" around 8 in the morning and got the loomis email around 2pm in the afternoon , but it was ready for pick up the next day.

For me the status changed to "Issued" around 8 in the morning and got the loomis email around 2pm in the afternoon , but it was ready for pick up the next day.

thanks KLK651. I am still waiting for status to be changed to "Issued". I submitted passports on 02/19.

One guy who got 221g and submitted passports on 02/20 got status "Issued" already. crossing fingers.

Is it necessarily they change the status before Loomis email?

thanks KLK651. I am still waiting for status to be changed to "Issued". I submitted passports on 02/19.

One guy who got 221g and submitted passports on 02/20 got status "Issued" already. crossing fingers.

Is it necessarily they change the status before Loomis email?

Finally mine is changed to "Issued" today at 10:30 AM

Guys,

I am having a similar issue. They didnt give me the 221g form but he said he will talk to my client since the client letter looked a little shady since they had printed out using a printer. They took my passport and all my relevant document.

My Interview was on Feb 25th at 8:45am.. My client got a call too.. They verified that I work there..

Do you know when to expect it to change to Issued ?

Guys,

I am having a similar issue. They didnt give me the 221g form but he said he will talk to my client since the client letter looked a little shady since they had printed out using a printer. They took my passport and all my relevant document.

My Interview was on Feb 25th at 8:45am.. My client got a call too.. They verified that I work there..

Do you know when to expect it to change to Issued ?

Probably today

• 1 month later...

Hi KLK,

I am in same page now and they issued 221g White slip and took all my documents and returned my passport too.

My question is when they send an email to submit your passport, did they gave you any particular date and time / time range to submit the passport or just will get an email saying that submit passport further process ? Please let me know. Thanks in advance for your reply. Thanks

Archived