Full Time MBA after H1B

manandoctor

I came to US in 2001 on F1 status and remained on F1 till Dec 2005, at that time I was doing my second MS in Biomedical. I could not complete my 2nd MS (Have one more course to finish) since I got an H1 from Employer A in Jan 2006. I switched the job and Employer B filed my H1 in Apr 2008. Because of my trips in and out of US, My H1 was valid till APR 13, 2012. I left the country (US) in Oct 11, 2011. Now I want to come back to US and got a fulltime admit for MBA. I am planning to go for Visa Interview in April.

Can anyone advise how I should prepare for this since I was once on H1B in US? How about the chances of Visa Denial?

Thanks

Manan

• 4 months later...

Hi, I just got my F-1 approved for above mentioned program at UDel...This may be a stupid question but just got a doubt and would like to know if anyone can answer this. Is it possible to get another CPT-OPT for new F-1 once I am done with MBA?

Any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks

Manan

Hi, I just got my F-1 approved for above mentioned program at UDel...This may be a stupid question but just got a doubt and would like to know if anyone can answer this. Is it possible to get another CPT-OPT for new F-1 once I am done with MBA?

Forget about CPT, that's not for full time employment

OPT is given based on level of degree. One OPT for one master's degree, so no OPT for anther master's degree in this MBA.

First, avoid CPT. Legitimate CPT is very rare.

Second, if you have used OPT for a particular degree level, you can only get OPT again for a higher level. So, if you did a Masters degree before and used OPT after that, you could only get OPT when you have done a PhD.

Archived