Dowry IPC 498a case on me

rajesh777

Hi Sir,

I came to US through an onsite opportunity at work on H1-visa and recently brought my wife on H4-visa. My brother-in-law and my sister are living in US from past 10 years and they are GC holders.
My brother's wife expired recently and her parents logged a dowry case 498 against us in India. They included all of my family members including me, my wife, my brother-in-law and my sister. Also, my brother-in-law is planning to go to India for some personal work in this kind of situation.
Could you please let me know if that case affects any of our visa statuses? Could you please suggest us the further steps which we could take to turn the situation favorable to us?

Thank you
Rajesh
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/11/2015 at 7:30 PM, rajesh777 said:

Hi Sir,

I came to US through an onsite opportunity at work on H1-visa and recently brought my wife on H4-visa. My brother-in-law and my sister are living in US from past 10 years and they are GC holders.
My brother's wife expired recently and her parents logged a dowry case 498 against us in India. They included all of my family members including me, my wife, my brother-in-law and my sister. Also, my brother-in-law is planning to go to India for some personal work in this kind of situation.
Could you please let me know if that case affects any of our visa statuses? Could you please suggest us the further steps which we could take to turn the situation favorable to us?

Thank you
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

Can I have your contact details, am also on same boat.

Archived