Family Visa

karuna02

Hi everyone

Currently I'm a graduate student in USA and I started the application process for my family visa. I'm inviting them for my Convocation in spring 2015. 

I wanted to invite my both younger brother, Currently they are doing their under-graduation from Delhi university . They both in their final year of the program. My parents and both brother going together for visa interview. I wanted to know :

• What are the chances of getting approval in their visa (specially for my brothers)? 
  • Any additional document they need to show apart from their education?
  • What kind of interview question they will expect from VO?
  • Any comment/ help highly appreciated.

-One last question, Which consulate is good for B1 Visa? I heard Chennai consulate has a good track record but I'm not sure is it just a rumor or any legitimacy present.

Hi everyone

Currently I'm a graduate student in USA and I started the application process for my family visa. I'm inviting them for my Convocation in spring 2015. 

I wanted to invite my both younger brother, Currently they are doing their under-graduation from Delhi university . They both in their final year of the program. My parents and both brother going together for visa interview. I wanted to know :

• What are the chances of getting approval in their visa (specially for my brothers)? 
  • Any additional document they need to show apart from their education?
  • What kind of interview question they will expect from VO?
  • Any comment/ help highly appreciated.

-One last question, Which consulate is good for B1 Visa? I heard Chennai consulate has a good track record but I'm not sure is it just a rumor or any legitimacy present.

No one can predict the chances.They can ask any question, just be truthful during that time.

All the consulates are one and same, they follow same rules. Consulates doesn't have track record.

they need to go to the consulate which covers the state they reside or show as permanent address in passport. DO not try to choose  consulate as it will back fire.

They all need to show strong ties to home country. Since you are a student it is more important for them to show that they can cover expenses for the trip and generally have good financial standing.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

My family (all 4 ) got visa. VO just asked basic question to my father & One of my brother :

• where he is working right now
  • when his visa refused last time (long back 16 years he applied)
  • where he's going in US 
  • How much time he's going stay
  • What he's studying (for my brother)

Hope this may help anyone!!

Archived