is SSN compulsory for filing h1b

amrutha0304

Hi,

I came to USA on f1 on jan10 2015 previously I have 5 years work experience in india and also I have h1b but I didn't use it I came to know that I can find good employer and I can file my h1b cap exempt now my question is I am on f1 do I require ssn to file h1b in my university getting SSN is very time consuming.my employer is telling it is compulsory to have SSN to file h1 as i am in us on f1 can you please help with your value solution which is really helpful for me

Thanks

Hi,

I came to USA on f1 on jan10 2015 previously I have 5 years work experience in india and also I have h1b but I didn't use it I came to know that I can find good employer and I can file my h1b cap exempt now my question is I am on f1 do I require ssn to file h1b in my university getting SSN is very time consuming.my employer is telling it is compulsory to have SSN to file h1 as i am in us on f1 can you please help with your value solution which is really helpful for me

Thanks

No,SSN is not mandatory for H1 approval. Your initial H1 was also proved without SSN, right??

Archived