H1b Extension Stamping @ Vancouver B.C Canada at 8:30 AM - Success

sharathkashetty

Hi,

I had my Visa stamping today at 8:30 AM in Vancouver B.C and I want to share my experience today as I always referred Murthy's Forum and now it is time to give my share back to Murthy's forum by sharing my experiences.

Firstly, It is a success story. 

Soon after I entered the consulate, I was asked if I have a Photograph with me as I did not upload a photo during the DS 160 application completion.

I had to stand in the line to get a confirmation number and that's when I found that I had to get a new photo, The photo I had with me was not so clear and the size was also not as per the standards. 

Also, make sure do not take a photo with the Glasses on. They have asked around 5 people in my consulate to get a photo again. Either it was not clear, or it is not as per standards or the glasses were not removed. Please beware to avoid a little tension in a moment like this. The photo booth does not accept cash, I had to trade a 20 Canadian dollar bill to a Credit card with a fellow applicant. ;)

Now comes the Important part of the day!!

I entered the waiting room and it took around 10 minutes for them to call my number.

VO: Good Morning!

Me: Good Morning! How are you doing!!

VO: I am doing good! thanks! and how about you, how are you doing?

Me : Good :)

VO: Who is your employer?

Me : It is XXXX - 

VO: When did you join you employer?

Me: July 2013

VO: What were you doing before that? Were you doing Masters here?

Me: No, I only did bachelors in India in Computer Science and Engg.

VO: What is your previous employer name?

Me: YYYY

VO: Can I have your Drivers License, LCA, Employer Letter and Pay stubs?

Me: I took a really long time in finding the LCA! Stupid Me!!

VO : What is your Current Salary

Me: $abcd(Say the amount specified in your Employer letter)

VO: Who is the client?

Me: Specified the client name and location!

Note: I planned the interview with a friend of mine, who was working with different employer but the same client and Vendor.

VO:  Did you come here along with your friend? 

Me: Yes, we planned to come on the same day and same time!

VO: After a pause, he gave me a booklet with the detailed information about the rights of employees and what to do if we are scrutinized by the employers. 

Me: He handed me a blue color paper which had a text saying, your Visa is approved and he asked me to collect the Visa after 3 to 5 business days.

Conclusion: Here I would like to highlight only one thing, The client I work for is a very reputed client and the VO did not ask for Client letter or Vendor letter, but he was mainly concentrating on Employer, he verified salary on the Employer letter, LCA.

@Bunny11:

I had a similar situation

My LCA states the salary as 79K

My Employer letter has 102K

As per my payslips it is around 120K. 

Well, the VO asked me my payslips, LCA and Employer Letter - Observe a trend here. Try to join the dots!!!

What VO expects is that you are paid as per the LCA and you are given your previleges.

I donot see any problem in your case, you can go ahead and get a Employer Letter for around 65K to avoid any problems. Any amount in the payslip which is the difference with the employer letter would be a bonus/over time. 

Hope I answered your question!!

@Bunny11:

I had a similar situation

My LCA states the salary as 79K

My Employer letter has 102K

As per my payslips it is around 120K. 

Well, the VO asked me my payslips, LCA and Employer Letter - Observe a trend here. Try to join the dots!!!

What VO expects is that you are paid as per the LCA and you are given your previleges.

I donot see any problem in your case, you can go ahead and get a Employer Letter for around 65K to avoid any problems. Any amount in the payslip which is the difference with the employer letter would be a bonus/over time. 

Hope I answered your question!!

Archived