DUI after EAD approval

ace2win

Hi,

I am an h1b visa holder and an Indian Citizen.

I came to US on March 2013 in H1b visa valid till Oct 2013.

I applied for extension and got the h1b extended till June 2016.

I had filed for GC through my employer under EB1© category and I filed I485, I140, I765 and I131 for concurrent processing.

All my petitions reached USCIS on Nov 2014.

My biometrics session happened on Dec 2014.

Received email from UCSIC on the approval of I131 (Post Decision Activity) and I765 (Card/ Document Production) on 23rd Jan 2015.

On 25th Jan 2015 I was caught for “Operating while intoxicated” and was told that I will receive further notification from court.

I didn’t stop at a stop sign inside the street and was caught for that and I was not over speeding and there was no harm to any one with regard to my case. Also this is my first ever case against law of any sort in world.

I have following questions with regard to my Green card processing.

1. Do I need to inform USCIS about this now?
  2. What will be the implication of me getting a Green Card?
  3. Should I postpone my court hearing so that the Green card gets processed (if at all before my case gets a final verdict)
  4. Also let me know of how to handle this case based on your experience.

Thanks a ton for sharing your opinion on this case and for your time

One single case will not effect GC process. But i suggest you take a senior immigration attorney suggestion from Murthy.

If your verdict is finalized and you were guilty before Interview. 

When you go for interview they will take your fingerprint and it will pop up I am guessing. Interview officer will ask you questions regarding that I am guessing. You can take all the documents up until then and show it to the IO. They mainly look for court deposition letter stating what is the verdict. 

If your verdict is not finalized, maybe you can explain IO that your cases is still pending. 

But in any case one DUI should not effect the GC. In order to avoid any delay's i suggest you hire a lawyer or take all the documents which explains that single DUI should not effect the GC process. 

Good luck. 

Archived