GC premium processing ??

My husband is on h1b , working for evc model. His 6 years of H1b visa expires in September 16th 2012. As from the info I read in this forum, I learnt that LCA has to be applied an year earlier , so his deadline is september 16th 2011.

Now, we are planning a trip to india next month, and he has to go for stamping. The employer says he would start the GC process only after he gets his h1b stamping is done at chennai. What will happen if the PIMS process takes more time and we get the stamping after september 16th 2011? My husabnd says , there is something called PREMIUM PROCESSING. Where the process can be sped up and still green card application can go on smoothly. Is this true. Are we missing something here? Are there any hiden surprises in premium processing? plz let us know.

please consult a lawyer.

in a nutshell, EB GC process comprises of 3 stages: LC, I-140, and AOS/CP. only I-140 can be processed under premium processing.

you will need to have pending LC (or approved and unexpired) for at least 365 days, or approved I-140 to be eligible for H1 extension beyond the 6-year limit.

Originally posted by lux_sup:

My husband is on h1b , working for evc model. His 6 years of H1b visa expires in September 16th 2012. As from the info I read in this forum, I learnt that LCA has to be applied an year earlier , so his deadline is september 16th 2011.

Now, we are planning a trip to india next month, and he has to go for stamping. The employer says he would start the GC process only after he gets his h1b stamping is done at chennai. What will happen if the PIMS process takes more time and we get the stamping after september 16th 2011? My husabnd says , there is something called PREMIUM PROCESSING. Where the process can be sped up and still green card application can go on smoothly. Is this true. Are we missing something here? Are there any hiden surprises in premium processing? plz let us know.

Archived