SSN Question Please Help!

Hello, 

I finally obtained a SSN number which states "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization". I obtained this SSN through a G2 Diplomatic visa provided by the United Nations. My question is, am I able to use this SSN number to work with a different organization or job in general while my visa is still valid? I would greatly appreciate any help and feedback in this regard. 

Thank you for your reply JoeF. Can you please clarify or elaborate on what you mean by "Status" that allows me to work for that particular organization? And how do I get this information? Basically I need to know if the other organization can hire me on my social. My visa however is provided by a different organization.

I would appreciate your help. 

Thank you for your reply JoeF. Can you please clarify or elaborate on what you mean by "Status" that allows me to work for that particular organization? And how do I get this information? Basically I need to know if the other organization can hire me on my social. My visa however is provided by a different organization.

I would appreciate your help. 

You have an I-94. The I-94 lists the status, e.g., H-4, H-1B, G-2, etc.

If the status allows to work, the SSN together with the I-94 need to be shown to the employer.

Archived