Perm pending beyond regular process times - Options

sweta83

Hello All,

My Perm PD is June 4th 2014. My H1 is expiring(6 year completion) on Jan 11th 2015. As per DOL processing times they are processing July cases now. Also other cases that my employer had filed along with min in June has got responses except for mine. 

My attorney has emailed DOL this week and they got back saying my case is still in process. I have below questions on my situation and options right now.

1. Am I eligible for 7th year extension based on my pending case?

2. If yes Can I continue working beyond Jan11th once I get the receipt number of the extension just as the regular case?

3. If no. Can I apply for a COS to B1/B2 as F1 is not possible rt away?

4.If so how soon should I apply for that and would I require an approval of COS before Jan 11th to continue staying in US without going out of status.

Response is highly appreciated.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ,

My PERM filed in Augist 2013 and till now no update. Status says "In Process:I am working for a big MNC and not just mine many of my colleagues are in same position with no update. Any idea why this happens? Is the company in audit? If so, is it wise to wait and hope for some movement  or should i withdraw the application and move to diff company? Please advise anyone.Thank you.

Hi ,

My PERM filed in Augist 2013 and till now no update. Status says "In Process:I am working for a big MNC and not just mine many of my colleagues are in same position with no update. Any idea why this happens? Is the company in audit? If so, is it wise to wait and hope for some movement  or should i withdraw the application and move to diff company? Please advise anyone.Thank you.

There can be multiple reasons for extended processing times and and previous issues with the company can be a factor.

You have two options

1. wait and hope for some movement

2.move to diff company

Decision to withdraw can only be made by the company/attorney.

Hi ,

Might be due to your employer. Can't say anything for sure. You need to talk to your employer's attorney.

Archived