What questions are asked in Secondary Investigation at port of entry and what documents they check.

nv1234

Hi,

I recently got my EAD+ADVANCE PAROLE card through my husband.

I just want to know, If I travel outside US and come back.

What all questions will be asked at Port of Entry in Secondary Investigation and what all documents they can ask to check so that I carry them with me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

You help is highly appreciated.

1. I was asked passport, EAD (combo card) and finger prints.

2. Remember your husband full name, phone number, address, work location and his employer name and address also phone number.

3. Don't carry more jewelry, and they may ask you how many carats also your kids jewelry. (Not kidding asked me at Washington D.C for my kids)

4. Finally don't FEAR for anything, tell them answers very strongly (even you have fear inside).

1. I was asked passport, EAD (combo card) and finger prints.

2. Remember your husband full name, phone number, address, work location and his employer name and address also phone number.

3. Don't carry more jewelry, and they may ask you how many carats also your kids jewelry. (Not kidding asked me at Washington D.C for my kids)

4. Finally don't FEAR for anything, tell them answers very strongly (even you have fear inside).

They don't ask anything about current employer?

Thanks Pontevecchio,

Actually, I have had bad experience in my past. I went for H1b visa stamping and they gave me Admin Processing form (green slip). All because of my employer. May be he didn't file his taxes properly.

I waited 5 months in India for embassy to complete their admin processing but they didn't respond so I came back to my hubby who was in US on dependent visa (H4) and then again I applied for H1b through new employer but now I've got EAD through my husband.

So I was wondering if they'll ask me about my current employer now? 

What is the specific thing which you are worried about. You do not have to be working. They do not go very deeply into the matter.

Archived