Am i eligible for EB2 ?

Thank you, 

I will get 5 years of exp by next May, so if i change my employer after May, then i will be eligible for EB2 with my new employer right ?

Can you please clarify.

-Jassu

Only if the new job actually requires an advanced degree.

The entire 5 yrs of experience gained before joining new employer must be in a job( jobs) closely related to the one you will be doing with the new employer.

So,for example if new employer needs experience in a specific IT platform, part of prior experience from manufacturing or software testing  will not be counted.

There are other requirements like 4 year Bachelor degree or equivalent, trainings, certifications which have to be considered depending on the job offered.  Ultimately your new employer and the lawyer will decide what category should be used. You cannot demand EB2 filing.

So do not assume that reaching 5 yr number  is all that you need.

• 4 weeks later...

I have Bachelor Degree in Computer Engg.

and Master's Degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience after completing Master's prior to current employer

and Salary: 85K

and Job requirement Says - BS + 5yr exp OR MS + 2 years required

and Job Location : Bucks County in Pennsylvania

Is it satisfy EB2 requirements?

I have Bachelor Degree in Computer Engg.

and Master's Degree in Computer Science and 3 years of experience after completing Master's prior to current employer

and Salary: 85K

and Job requirement Says - BS + 5yr exp OR MS + 2 years required

and Job Location : Bucks County in Pennsylvania

Is it satisfy EB2 requirements?

It should be OK for EB2. salary and location are not important.  Education and experience have to be closely related to the job so just having MS and X years experience is not sufficient.

Archived