EB2 - Any success stories with 3 yr B. Sc. + PGDM from India?

Hi,

I know this has been discussed in multiple posts already, but I am trying to find out if there are any success stories with my type of situation. I am trying to port from EB3 to EB2. My perm requires the following:

The position requires a bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in business management, computer science, business administration or a related analytical field and eight years of progressive experience.

I have a B. Sc. degree in Economics from a top college in India and PGDM from IIM. After that, I have 8+ years of progressive experience in the required areas.

Before filing my PERM and I-140, my lawyer obtained a strong credential evaluation to demonstrate that I have the equivalent of a four year US bachelor's degree. However, USCIS is challenging us on that point now.

Any success stories to give me hope? Anything tips on something that's worked for someone? I feel so dejected with this... been waiting since 2005 for my GC and now it feels like I will need to keep waiting another 10 years or so.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

All - I was able to move to EB2 with my 3 year B Sc (Economics) from India and 2 year PGDM from IIM. My I485 also got approved today.

In the RFE response, I provided the following:

1. Detailed breakdown of the courses I took during B Sc. I got the number of credit hours for each of those from my college and they added up to more than the number of credit hours needed for a Bachelors degree in the US.

2. I got a letter from IIM stating how prestigious the PGDM degree from IIM is and how a Bachelors is a pre-requisite for the degree.

3. I was able to get a letter from a professor at MIT that stated that a 3 year Bachelors from India is equivalent of 4 year Bachelors from the US because of how it follows the British system of education.

Archived