RFE on Initial OPT

neha_garg123

Hi Guys,

I participated in part time CPT in 2013 for 45 hrs. It was a paid part-time CPT for less than 20 hrs a month. I worked for my employer from Nov 21 to Dec 23. A Cooperative agreement was also signed between DSO and Employer for this with a per hour wage agreement. 

After working there, my employer never paid me or send me a W2 or paystubs. I tried to follow-up on my missing wages, but never got a response from this company.

It has been over a year, and now I have applied for a OPT. I have gotten a RFE on my OPT, and I have been asked for W2 and paystubs, which my employer is not ready to furnish. I am extremely worried as I only have 15 days remaining to graduate. 

Please suggest if I can send a DOL notice to my employer for 2013. Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Yep based on the agreement , DSO thinks that this was a legitimate CPT. I worked there for 4 hrs every day but the firm was in financial troubles so they didnt pay many of their full time employees either. Can I file a complaint with DOL and show this complaint letter in RFE?

First point of contact is DSO. Then an attorney. Get their opinion and proceed accordingly.

• 1 month later...

Archived