i485 reject reason

hzimmer

Hi,

I am an H1b visa worker since 2010. I will apply for the green card through employment soon. I wonder if my future i485 application can be rejected because of the following reason.

I statred working with the employer A in 2009 with my OPT permit, then the employer A submittet my H1b application before my OPT permit expires. On the H1b form I received, it says valid from 5/10/2010 to 05/09/2013. There is no problem until here.

Then, I found a new job, and quit my job in 11/28/2011 from employee A. My new employer B submitted my H1b application with a receipt date 12/05/2011. During a week I traveled from Atlanta, GA to San Diego,CA and started working with employer B on 12/05/2011. I think, during this one week (between 11/28/2011 to 12/05/2011) my stay in the USA was not legal.

Neither employers informed me that I must start my new job the day I quit my previous job. Now I'm wondering if this situation will be a problem in the future when I apply for the green card through employment. I wonder if my i485 application is going to be rejected. If so, what can I do to prevent this.

Thanks in advance.

Archived