H1B Visa Stamping

Sushil_Nayak

Hi,

I have applied H1b through one of consultancy in US and the H1b status is approved now. But the consultancy is hesitant to provide client letter for Visa stamping. Instead, they are asking me to come to US on visitors visa and attend the interview in US for getting the client letter. Is it right move to go to US in Visitors visa and then convert to H1b (since,I have the status as approved) . 

Thanks in advance.

that would mean you need to come to usa and give interview, get the client letter if the company agrees to. ANd then go back to your home country to get the visa stamped. You cannot just come to USA give interview, get a client letter and start working. You will need to change the status to H1b from visit visa in that case. Instead of doing all this mess go for stamping.

stay away from shady consultancies. Your career in US will be over. They are asking you to find your own job by coming here on B2 visa and they will take 50 % of the pay from client. If you have H-1B approved apply for a job and ask new employer to file cap exempt H-1 based on current approval and dump the consultancy.

Hey Jairichi,Guys, Great to read it.

My spouse is also in somewhat similar boat. But till now only have receipt number, which shows H1B petition approved(after consultancy took a long time to respond to RFE,not sure why it came) [all of this after continuously checking the USCIS website]

Can she join a new company and ask them to file cap exempt H-1 based on current approval ? If not, how can she persuade the consultancy to give her the required papers ?

Hey Jairichi,Guys, Great to read it.

My spouse is also in somewhat similar boat. But till now only have receipt number, which shows H1B petition approved(after consultancy took a long time to respond to RFE,not sure why it came) [all of this after continuously checking the USCIS website]

Can she join a new company and ask them to file cap exempt H-1 based on current approval ? If not, how can she persuade the consultancy to give her the required papers ?

Yes, a new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime. H1B petition receipt number will do.

Thanks for positive reply. Can you please suggest how easy (or tough) it is to find a employer who will be ready for filling a cap-exempt petition with having only receipt number as proof.

Any employer will do it as they will get opinion from an immigration attorney they contract with. If you enter the receipt number in USCIS status webpage you will get the final status of that petition. Take a print out that too, if needed.

Thank you for the positive reply.

But I think I am not able to communicate my concern correctly. We have the receipt number with us and already checked on USCIS website that H1b is approved (earlier it was RFE) again this receipt number.

But we do not have proof if the receipt number(just a alpha numeric) is against my spouse name only and not against some one else.

How will the a new prospective employer(or their attorney) believe on us ? Is there any solution for this ?

Any employer will do it as they will get opinion from an immigration attorney they contract with. If you enter the receipt number in USCIS status webpage you will get the final status of that petition. Take a print out that too, if needed.

It is easy to file using receipt number. New employer' s attorney should know the procedure.

Hi Jairichi,

Would you suggest of filling the below form to get the Approval notice (I-797) mailed again by USCIS to my cousin's address in US (as I am in india)

USING https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayNDNForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=ndn

In this form :

I dont have clue of 'A-Number' (but its optional)

And In 'Applicant or Petitioner Information' will put applicant(spouse) details.

I think, all other details to be filled in the form are easy and we can fill that easily

PS: Pardon me, in case it might look like playing a joke with USCIS

Archived