i140 amendment question

I was employed with company 'A', which was part of a giant parent company 'AtoZ' , I got my i140 approved as an employee of company 'A' and also the H1B extension. 

Company 'AtoZ' was acquired by company 'XYZ'. 

Company 'XYZ' decided to sell some of the divisions of 'AtoZ' and in the process changed my payroll/company name from 'A' to 'B'. 'B' always existed as another entity under 'AtoZ'.

H1B amendment was filed and got approved for company 'B'. This was an amendment, not a transfer/new application as the company/payroll name got changed from 'A' to 'B'.

Company 'B' was sold to company 'C'. Since 'B' is now part of 'C', H1B amendment may not be required(I am not too sure, its not done yet) as the entity name is not changing, meaning, our payroll is still running under the same name, which is 'B'. Only the parent company is changing.

A bit confusing, right? I know, tell me about it. Now coming to the interesting part, i140. 

My i140 was never amended from 'A' to 'B', so, my question is :

Can we file an amendment to my i140(from 'A' to 'B') as this is a name change and a subsequent sale? My i140 was not revoked as this was a sale.

OR do we have to start all over again, starting from PERM?

Technically, it should be possible, right?  My roles and responsibilities did not change, I am still working on the same products that were listed in my PERM application. 

Thanks,

N

Archived